The Industry Institute Collaboration Cell shall be referred to as IIC here on to ensure a paradigm shift in the thought process of a New Horizon student from J2C (Job to Career). This would lead a student towards the identification of a ‘SMART CAREER GOAL’. Taking a step further, IIC would endeavor to establish connections between eminent faculty members and the relevant industries to join hands and work towards mutually beneficial causes and projects.
New Horizon College of Engineering, a respectable and one of the most sought-after Private Engineering colleges, provides the best amalgamation of innovation, entrepreneurship development, skill upgradation, passion, and aptitude along with sound theoretical subject knowledge. These best practices make the students industry-ready and innovators of tomorrow, bringing the nation forward.
IIC aims to work towards facilitating the students at New Horizon College of Engineering, to pursue their passion and think beyond the job market. The efforts and orientation of IIC would be in a manner where an Industry-Academia alliance would help the students reach the pinnacle of success, and also ensure that the elite faculty members of New Horizon College of Engineering, are amongst the most sought-after teaching fraternity.
Objectives of Industry Institute Interaction Cell(IIIC)
- Aligning students’ ambitions will enable them to adapt their knowledge to the industrial culture.
- Participation in regular seminars, guest lectures, conferences, corporate meetings, etc. that are industry-related.
- Encourage industry engineers and alumni to attend institutions for knowledgeable lecturers.
- Promote career advice by scheduling talks by senior business employees and maximizing networking and teamwork through partnerships.
- Develop professionalism, ethical principles, and industry-specific awareness.
- Participation of experts from industries, in curriculum development.
- To organize industrial visits for Faculty members and students
- To encourage faculty members to apply their knowledge in resolving issues faced by corporations and Industries to open up consulting opportunities.
- Industrial grade experimentation and testing by the faculty members and technicians at Industries and or in Centres of Excellence (CoEs/ Laboratories) set up at the New Horizon College of Engineering, or in a laboratory
- To organize industrial training for the students in the corporate offices and production centers
- To determine the areas in which executive development programs are needed in light of recent technological advancements.
- To enable the engineering programs to build relationships with businesses so that they can take on initiatives in the conduction of students’ curriculum-based minor and major projects.
Functions of Industry Institute Interaction Cell
- Visiting faculty from the industry
- Training programs / Short term assignments to the faculty members in industries
- Joint industrial projects for faculty
- Participation of industry experts in curriculum design.
Industrial Research & Consultancy
- Industrial testing (Proofing & Calibration)
- Use of specialized database/lab equipment
- Sponsored industrial research
- Use of industrial labs
- Research guidance from the industry
- Creation of collaborative labs/testing center
- Joint research publication
- Solutions for field problems
- Analysis & Design problems
- Research fellowship support
- Joint patents
- Creation of an industrial chair to support research
Continuing Education for Industry
- Short Term Training Programmes
- Onsite Educational Programmes
- Part time Educational Programmes
- Collaborative Educational Programmes
The Industry Institute Interaction cell will help the Individual departments to arrange/organize.
- Industry Visits
- In-plant Training
- Student Training Programs
- Faculty Training Programs
- Guest Lectures
- Expert Talks
- Tech Talks
- Blog Writing workshops
- Industry-supported curriculum
- Professor in Practice from Industry
- Industry Sponsored projects
- Industry Consultancy projects
- Industry Research and Development Projects
- Industry Resource utilization (Equipment, Library, Personal, etc)
|Pics of CISCO Lab event||Image1 Image3 Image 4 Image 5 Cisco IDEAthon Image 6|
|Pics of IIOT Lab event||IIOT|
|Pics of Capgemini DEMS Lab event||Capgemini DEMS Lab Images|
|Pics of VMWARE Lab event||VMWARE Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4 Image 5 Image 6|
|Pics of SAP Lab event||Sap Lab Event SAP Lab Employee Workshop SAP Programme 2019|
|Pics of HP Lab event||HP Lab FDP Programme 2019|
|Pics of IBM Lab event||IBM Lab IBM 2020|
|Pics of Schneider Lab event||Schneider Lab|
|American Delegates visits at NHCE event||Delegate Visit 2019 US Workshop 2019|
|ATA (Agile Testing Alliance) Event||ATA 2019|
|GLOBAL IT COMMUNE event||GCI 2019 Global IT Commune Images|
|Pics of MOU event||MOU Event