ABOUT THE COMPANY & LAB
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the center of Silicon Valley. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products. Through its numerous acquired subsidiaries, such as OpenDNS, Webex, Jabber and Jasper, Cisco specializes into specific tech markets, such as Internet of Things (IoT), domain security and energy management.
Cisco has awarded New Horizon College of Engineering the status of Cisco Networking Academy in recognition of all Netacad programs. Mr. Srinivasa K, Senior Director-SCM and Mr. George John, Senior Director-IT from Cisco along with Dr. Mohan Manghnani, Chairman-NHCE inaugurated the Cisco Networking Academy at New Horizon College of Engineering on 28th March 2018.
COURSES OFFERED/Curriculum design
- Cisco Routing & Switching-I (Open Elective) – Basic Fundamentals of Networking and configuration.
- Cisco Routing & Switching-II (Open Elective) – Advanced Networking concepts such as VPN, Wireless router configuration , Network Automation and Virtualisation, etc.
- Routing & Switching-01(Professional Elective) – Basic Fundamentals of Networking and configuration.
- Cisco Networking Academy (NETACAD) aims at providing a detailed insight into the networking concepts that are essential for rapidly growing networking industry.
- Faculty & Students have Cisco NETACAD account where they can access the various course content, and software in addition to Cisco hardware equipments. Students are also exposed to self-online learning courses on the NETACAD portal
- Faculties of Cisco Centre of Excellence are Globally Certified CCNA Instructors. Faculties keep themselves updated with latest technologies by attending a number of Global Instructor Professional Development Programs (IPDs) conducted by Cisco Academy Support Centre Team
- Cisco proprietary switches and routers as connecting devices in the lab.
- Three 2960 series switches and three 1941 series routers
- For initial configuration three console cables are provided to configure LAN-WAN networks
- One HWIC2T card for establishing serial interfaces between routers
- Packet tracers 8.1 version is loaded on 4GB RAM systems.
- Students Obtain CCNAv7 Certifications from Cisco for the three modules namely Introduction to Networks, Switching, Routing & Wireless Essentials, Enterprise Network Security and Automation.
- Participation in Cisco Ideathon, a Internship cum Placement Program for Cisco NETACAD Students.
- Students can earn other Cisco certificates by enrolling for online self learning course available in NETACAD.
- Events such as FDP, workshops, self- online learning courses with certification, etc are organized by Cisco COE.