As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution’s system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution.
Goals of IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
|2.||Prof. S. B. Kandagal||Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, IISC Bangalore||Expert Member|
|3.||Prof. Chandramouli .P||Professor, IIT Madras, Chennai||Expert Member|
|4.||Prof. Balaji Prathasarathy||Professor – IIIT ,Bangalore||Expert Member|
|5.||Mr. H N Surya Prakash||Registrar||Member|
|6.||Dr. Anandhi R J||Dean-Academics||Member|
|7.||Dr. Anitha S Rai||Dean-Library & Alumni Relations||Member|
|8.||Dr. Revathi Shankar||HoD-Physics||Member|
|11.||Dr. Sheelan Misra||Dean-MBA||Member|
|12.||Dr.Sowmya Narayanan||HoD – Center for Life Skills and Lifelong Learning||Member|
|14.||Dr.Gurulakshmi.A.B||Associate Professor, ECE||Member|
|15.||Dr. Sanjeev Sharma||Dean-QASDC||Member Secretary|
|16.||Mr.Sourav Naryan Biswas||Program Manager, Talent Acquisition, Capgemini India||Stakeholder & Employer|
|17.||Mr.Sijio Mathew Varghese||Associate Professor, ECE||Alumni|
|18.||Mr. Bharathdeep||Department of ECE, NHCE||Student Nominee|
| VISIONTo develop a quality culture that will persistently monitor, evaluate, advice and ensure all the initiatives that improve and provide holistic growth of all stakeholders to achieve new benchmarks.
- To develop a conscious, consistent and catalytic quality improvement system that encourages holistic growth of all stakeholders.
- To ensure a learner-centric environment equipped with the latest techniques and pedagogy, research for effective knowledge dissemination.
- To develop universal rules and rubrics for all academic process.
- To strengthen the system by consistently monitoring and advising the initiatives taken by the institute and encourage improvement on all best practices.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.