ABOUT THE COMPANY & LAB
New Horizon College of Engineering has signed an MoU with Schneider Electric & French Ministry of National Education to set up Centre of Excellence with state of the technology lab in the campus to train teachers, engineering graduates, technicians and customers of Schneider Electric. This being a tripartite agreement between The French Ministry of Higher Education, Schneider Electric and New Horizon College of Engineering, the content development and delivery is a combined effort of all the three parties.
The French Ministry of Education has provided its technical and educational expertise by deputing a full time specialized Professor at New Horizon College of Engineering for a period of three years, who will also take on the role of the Director for the Centre of Excellence at New Horizon College of Engineering.
The Indo-French Centre of Excellence in Electricity, Automation and Energy in collaboration with Schneider Electric, was inaugurated on 12th March 2018 by Ms. Frédérique Vidal, Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, Government of France, in the presence of Dr. Mohan Manghnani, Chairman, New Horizon Educational Institution andMr. Shrinivas Chebbi, President-Partner Projects and Eco-Buildings, Schneider Electric India Pvt Ltd. Ms. Frédérique Vidal addressed and interacted with students who have enrolled for courses on Industrial Automation and advised students to be a part of Centre of Excellence to gain more hands on expertise and also to get exposure to international standards of education.
COURSES OFFERED/Curriculum design
- Schneider-Industrial Automation course is offered as open elective for all the engineering branches in 5th, 6th and 7th semesters in IFCEEAE.
- Industrial Automation is offered as professional elective for Electrical & Electronics Engineering stream students.
- A course on advanced automation, Advanced Industrial Automation and Building Automation is offered as a core subject to Electrical & Electronics Engineering stream students who will be performing a real time experiments in the IFCEEAE.
- Training the students in the basics for industrial automation: equipment, architecture, design, input output connection, programming language, software programming
- Enabling the graduates to work in modern industries.
- Student Exchange Program
- Study Abroad Program
- Training the different industry partners of Schneider Electric India.
- Various Industry Institute Interaction programs in the form of FDP’s, Workshops and Industrial Visits.
State of the art Lab with all Schneider electric Equipments
- 10 PLC-HMI benches – To train on Industrial Automation system design using PLC M340 and HMI GXU3512 .
- 1 pedagogical bench which is a small replication of a real industrial system. to validate the solution and programming.
- 2 SCADA pedagogical benches for study and design of supervision systems
- 1 bench for design, study& programming of addressable fire alarm systems
- 1 bench for design, study& programming of CCTV and access control
- 1 bench for design, study& programming of energy management
- 1 bench for design, study& programming of home automation system using Cbus.
- Curriculum Development and revision by industry Experts and French Professor who is the Director of the Indo French Schneider Lab
- Marks and credits are allocated based on completion of their task and creativity in generating new real time applications.
- More emphasis on Practical learning
- Student Exchange Program- Students from various Universities of France will be given an opportunity to undergo one month Internship at NHCE.
- Study Abroad Program- Selected students across all the branches of NHCE are sent to various universities of France for 3 months internship.